Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing Hookie!

Yesterday I took a personal day to spend the day with Joel. He's been working strange ED shifts this month and is scheduled to work every weekend. So we decided to pick a day to spend together, and we couldn't have picked a more beautiful day. We slept in a bit and headed up to Winter Park to ski for the afternoon. The temp was warm in the high 40s without a cloud in the sky. This is the first time in two seasons that we've been able to ski together...just the two of us! I'm able to keep up with him on any blue, and I even beat him down one run. Just to make sure I didn't get too full of myself he quickly took me up to a bowl, where I invented my own one-legged windmill ski style. It was quite a sight!

After we got home, Joel dusted off the grill for some buffalo bratwursts, and I finished weeding and cleaning out the flower beds. We are catching up on Lost and started season five. It was such a fun day, and we had a fantastic laugh when my sunburn started to appear. Of course, I have the signature "I skipped work today to go skiing" look, which is a sunburned outline around my ski goggles. This morning I found new ways of using concealer to hide my shame. Even though I took a personal day, and I can spend it however I choose, I just didn't feel right going back to work today showing all the evidence. Thankfully, the concealer worked, but I had a hard time explaining why I was sweating all day long... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment