Juneau, Alaska. My cousin Kara and her husband Dan moved to Anchorage a year ago, and she was in Juneau this week for work. We were able to spend a few hours together out at the Auke Bay house and had such a fun time catching up. It's been a long time since our days back at the ranch when we had time for just the two of us to chat, and I miss that so much!Saturday morning Joel and I woke to a beautiful clear morning and were invited on a sea kayaking adventure with our neighbors, Mary Ellen and Dave. Mary Ellen owns the practice where Joel works, and they have been in Juneau for many years. We launched from their house and kayaked out to a small island in the bay. Along the way, we came across to friendly seals who were playing in the sea. They played hide-and-seek with our kayaks. We landed on the beach and spent about 25 minutes laying in the sun and watching the bald eagles sore overhead. On our return trip, we could see many star fish on the rocks near the beach. After a fast clean up and lunch, we headed to town where we worked together at a vaccination clinic stationed at one of the high schools. I had so much fun being at the clinic with Joel, even though we didn't work right together. My volunteer job was as a recorder for the nurses, and I got to know many of the people he works with everyday. I could see us continuing to do this type of work together no matter where we end up!
This evening my parents are flying in from San Antonio, and they will get to stay the entire week. I think our adventures are just beginning!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I am loving seeing all your pictures and videos. I bet you will be kind of sad to leave! When I see your pictures, I can tell why Taylor loves it so much up there. He did say that all the good pictures are usually taken in summer, which is much more beautiful than the winter! :) Enjoy! Love ya - debbie
ReplyDeleteWe are having a blast! I wish the pictures could show better what all we are seeing, but it's so hard to capture it all. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeletethat is great that you were able to meet up with your cousin. The kayaking looks like fun!
ReplyDelete