We've been back home for about a week now, and the time has just flown by. Our yard was a complete disaster so we worked furiously in the garden all last week. Joel expanded our garden so that we now have a berry patch. Our strawberries are from a plant that we had last year, and the blueberry and blackberry plants are blooming. Unfortunately, our veggies are a bit behind because we were not able to start the seedlings inside like we did last year, but we have high hopes for a hearty crop. In addition to our usual tomatoes, squash, zucchini, peppers, and green beans, we added tomatillos, watermelon, cantaloupe, and corn. Summer is such a fun time in Colorado, and we are looking forward to enjoying the weather and beauty of the state.

yum!! The boys and I look forward to helping you snack on some of the harvest! Looks great!!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed with the berries...I thought about trying blueberries this year. I tried strawberries before, but didn't have much luck. i think maybe it's just too HOT here in the summer. Maybe i will try again! Don't let Jackson eat them all up! :)
ReplyDelete