

They didn't bloom much last year so I was delighted to see the variety of colors. The veggie garden is taking off, though the roly-polies wreaked havoc on the beans, the red-wing blackbirds got the berries, and I had to replant the cantaloupe. Our corn, surprisingly, is as tall as me! We should be getting tomatoes just in time for our July and August visitors.
My friend Vanessa from Irving came to visit and we travelled to the south-central part of the state to Royal Gorge and then back through Colorado Springs to the Garden of the Gods. The Royal Gorge bridge was built in 1929, and it is the highest suspension bridge in the world. Wood planks make up the flooring so crossing was a bit scary because we could see the river far below. We stopped at the Air Force chapel (pic below of the organ), which is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.



Joel was off on the Friday of the 4th of July weekend and has normal hours the rest of the month. We went to a friend's house for a Colorado BBQ and ladder golf. Since I am not known for my sports prowess, I must brag that two of my teams won....and one of them beat Joel's! Joel We also saw Wilco at Red Rocks. Okkervil River opened for them, and they played California Stars together. Two of Joel's favorite bands are becoming mine too. They put on a great show, but it's hard to beat any concert at Red Rocks.

I am amazed at the beautiful scenery you always post about. You may be disappointed next time you visit Houston! :) Over the last year or so, Ross has been introduced to some new music by Josh and he really enjoys those bands. I will miss hearing all the new music when he leaves, maybe he will keep me updated!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to have visitors and I really hope you will be able to make a trip to Houston soon. Miss you! - debbie