Today I made my entrance as a West High Cowboy! The first day of school is always hectic, but I was especially aware of my nerves this morning. Being in a facilitator role adds to the pressure of classroom teaching. I am not just teaching students, but I am now coaching my peers. I have to admit, though, after two years of being out of the classroom, I felt right at home today.It was a relatively "easy" day, as we only had freshmen on campus. I have two freshman English Lab classes (basically an intervention class for struggling learners), and tomorrow I will meet my juniors for the first time. There is a special place in my heart for the ninth graders; they are my favorite. But I am sure my juniors will be great too!
Here is a link to West if you'd like to see my new home. http://west.dpsk12.org/

Lindsay! That is so exciting! What a wonderful job and what an accomplishment for you. I can't wait to hear all about your year.
ReplyDeleteOur kids start Monday - I met most of them the other night and I'm excited. Lots of ESL kids again, and lots of very supportive parents.
It's quiet here tonight...we took Ross to College Station today...well, we kind of went with him and left him there...he seems to be settling in. Monday will be the first time that I haven't gotten at least one kid ready for the first day of school in 24 or is it 25 years. Wow! Please keep in touch!
wow, very exciting! Sounds like a perfect fit for you!!
ReplyDelete