Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Fall Dusting

Fall is officially here! The leaves are turning in the city and the mountains are gold with Aspen trees. Saturday morning we woke up to a chilly morning and a light snow fell. Our chilly morning did not get much warmer, and we set a record low. Breaking the previous record of 25, the mercury dropped to 17. Brrrr!
It was a perfect day for me to get caught up on work. Joel was on call in the NICU so I didn't have any distractions (except for the kitties). I stayed inside all day and worked through chapter three of my practicum. I am just about half-way finished with the entire project, and I am starting to get very excited about graduating in December. This is the first weekend since I started working at West I haven't had to also work for CCU. I was actually able to get homework finished and plan for our second nine weeks at school. Even though it was a weekend filled with work, it was relaxing to know I'm finally getting everything in order. Next Saturday I train my replacement at CCU, and then I can concentrate on being a West High Cowboy!

This coming week will be exciting at school, as it is homecoming week. It's been several years since I've taught juniors and seniors so my days are filled with upperclassmen projects and spirit events. Somehow I am riding the Spirit Bus to the football and soccer games, tailgating for both, and chaperoning the dance on Friday. And, perhaps my favorite, I'm in a dress up competition with other teachers. Weeks like this are great for morale at West. Students are a bit on the apathetic side (and some teachers too) so to find excitement, even in something silly like dressing up, makes me want to do all I can to encourage the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment