Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We had a wonderful weekend in Texas. Joel and I spent the weekend in Houston with Josh and Angela and the boys. They just moved in a new house, which is absolutely beautiful! Angela has done an incredible job decorating, and I am so happy they are settled in. We had a blast with Jackson and Andrew. They are both a great ages and such sweet boys! All of our nephews are precious, and we miss them terribly. We only get to see glimpses of them, as they grow up so quickly.

The weather was beautiful! The humidity was mild and the warm temperatures gave me an excuse to wear flip-flops and capris again! It makes me smile to think of the garden they are just now planting because mine is completely frozen over. Most of the weekend was spent eating and playing cards but the highlight was definitely our dinner at the Melting Pot. Yum!

Our perfect weekend had a dramatic end. Upon arriving back in Denver we quickly figured out we lost Joel's keys some time during the trip. Normally this would not be a big deal, except I didn't have mine. As we were walking out of the house on Friday, I asked Joel if he thought I should bring my keys and wallet. We both agreed it wasn't necessary so they stayed behind. Fast forwarding to Sunday, we both had to laugh at the irony!

We were determined not to spend $50 on cab and decided to take the RTD back home. We didn't have any cash, and the ATMs were not working, so Joel hustled the rental car desk and was able to get our fare home. When we headed out of the airport to wait on the bus, we again realized our lack of planning: we were not dressed appropriately for the 30 degree weather. Neither one of us brought a jacket (who needs a jacket in Houston in October??), but I am thankful Joel wears a fleece all year. He graciously gave his fleece to me as we waited.

Once back to the Park-n-Ride near our house, we trekked a mile with all of our luggage Our landlord drove across town to bring us a key to the house where we found my keys. I drove Joel back to get his car (using the spare key on my ring) and all is well now...except we still do not know where his keys are. We often talk about going on "The Amazing Race," and after Sunday night, I think we'd be a top contender! :-)

1 comment:

  1. we miss you!! I'm so glad everything worked out, but what a hassle! Glad you were able to make the best of it. :o) Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete