This week I received my acceptance letter to teach in a teacher training program (JESIE) in China! I'm still working on the travel plans, but I will most likely arrive in Shanghai on or around July 2 and travel with my group down to Nanjing where we will be teaching for about two weeks. I will be working with three other teachers from Denver, and the rest of the group is from across the US and three providences in Canada.
Since I began teaching in Denver, I've been working on gaining my ELA (English Language Acquisition) certification. Additionally, this semester I'm involved in the National Consortium on Teaching about Asia, where I've received an in-depth look into East Asian art, music, literature, culture and history. It seems like all of my new interests have serendipitously met in this summer experience. Joel and I are excited about this opportunity and are looking for ways to do this type of work together in the future.
More details to come....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is absolutely amazing...I don't even have words...you are so brave and adventurous. I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteYou already know that I teach ESL students and it is such a wonderful experience. This week a new student joined our class, she is straight from Mexico and does not speak ONE WORD of English. It has not slowed her down, though. She just talks and talks to me as if I will understand it all! She is so cute and so excited. I hope she picks up English soon, or maybe I'll learn Spanish soon. :) Thankfully I have several spanish speaking students to help with the translating! Keep me posted.
what fun!!!! enjoy the experience!!
ReplyDeletep.s. Juneau wasn't the same without you guys...miss you much :)