Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Kick-off!

We've been enjoying beautiful weather for a week or so, and I am so glad to finally feel summertime. Last weekend I helped to hostess a baby shower for my cousin Kara. She and her husband, Dan, live in Anchorage, but they were back in Texas for a short visit. We held a family BBQ and baby shower for them at the ranch. It was quite unconventional, but it was so wonderful to see them.

Last week was my last week of school with kids. To celebrate, a large group of teachers attended a Rockies game. Joel and I were able to attend to see the Rockies win another one. One of the very first things we did on one of our pre-move visits was to attend a baseball game. We still try to make several games each year, and this was a great way for us to begin the season.

We had high hopes of hiking on Saturday, but I guess the week caught up with me. Joel let me sleep in, and we missed our window. We are always afraid of getting started too late in the day because the weather can change quickly in the mountains. Today we had a family from church over. We grilled brauts and burgers and spent the afternoon playing ladder golf.

Joel officially begins his chief year tomorrow. We are done with residency, and he is ready to begin a new adventure. Next year may bring a new adventure for me, as well. My current position at West High School is split between admin (as a facilitator) and faculty (as a teacher), but next year I will be full-time admin. I'm looking at a few options because I am not ready to leave the classroom. But, it's fun to think about how both of our careers are changing and growing. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment