Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend of Celebration!

This weekend we celebrated my graduation and Mother's Day with my folks. They came up on Friday and we spent a very successful and prosperous afternoon in Blackhawk. Joel and I treated us all to a Texas de Brazil dinner. On Saturday, I walked in my official MA graduation ceremony. Even though I finished my degree in November and already have my diploma, it was a fun way to reconnect with many friends and former colleagues at CCU. Joel and my dad made a stellar breakfast for my mom and me on Saturday morning, and after the ceremony, we cooked a brisket and ribs all afternoon. The table was full and the meal delicious! Mom and dad had to leave pretty early on Sunday, but the whole weekend was a Mother's Day celebration!

 

4 comments:

  1. wow, congratulations! I didn't realize you still had a ceremony to attend- glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Linds! you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! love the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lindsay! That is a great milestone. I'm so happy you had family there to share it with you. Can't wait to hear more about your trip to China too. Hope to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete