Our reception the first two days was outstanding. We were greeted in Jiangning by two of our hosts. The first night we had dinner at a beautiful brocade museum. Our menu was quite interesting. We ate farm-raised ants (deep fried with peanuts), oxtail, goose liver (French-style…whatever that means), pig feet, pigeon, cold pumpkin soup with lily flower, and chicken black bone soup. They served a delicious and refreshing pureed cucumber and honey drink, which made the ants go down must easier. They were crunchy, and with the peanut, didn’t taste like anything. My only complaint is that the parts were easily stuck in my teeth. I was okay until I had to pick an ant leg out of my front teeth.

Our hotel is catering to our every dietary need. We have yogurt every morning with the rice porridge so I’m feel like I’m getting more nutrition. Toxic fish has disappeared off the menu completely, and I even had some bacon wrapped mystery meat. (Put bacon around anything, and I’ll eat it!!) Tonight the ladies taking care of our meals are going to teach us how to make dumplings. I am so excited to learn this craft, but, really, I just miss cooking. It should be a great experience, and I hope I don’t find any surprise ingredients in the dumplings I’ve loved eating all this time.
So, for now, I am going to keep living the dream! Miss you all!
Nantong Pictures: http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/lshudgins/Nantong/
No comments:
Post a Comment