Thursday, May 26, 2011

And in other news...

Today is the last day of school, and it finds me wondering where this year went. It feels like we have been preparing for our move to Boston all year, but then I realize we’ve had a really great and exciting year. So to fill in the near five month gap in my posts, here’s a little bit about the first part of 2011.


In December, Joel and I celebrated our 7th anniversary, and I can’t believe we are halfway to number 8. Whew! After spending Thanksgiving with Joel’s family, we headed to the ranch for Christmas. This was the first time in many years that we were able to spend both holidays together. Joel and my dad were with me when I took this nice 8-point. Joel and I spent an entire day making jerky and filets out of the backstrap and tenderloin. We’ve grilled several samples and absolutely love it.

In April, my folks came up to Denver and we took my mom to see George Strait for her birthday. We had a great time at the concert, and I even caught Joel tapping his toes every once in a while.


Continuing our tradition, I went back for turkey season. Dad and I hunted hard, but didn't have any luck. The birds were quiet and not responding so when we got impatient we blew our cover. We had a blast, and I was able to spend a lot of time with the new horses. A few month back, mom and dad adopted two Aggie Cavalry horses who were retired. Joe and PJ had great years in College Station, and PJ was my cousin Randall's horse while he was in the Cav. My folks are the greatest Aggie fans I know so it's extra special for them to have to Aggies horses. Both horses are gorgeous, but have very different personalities. PJ is an instigator. He will unlock gates, shut the tack room door, and hold in closed while you are fixing his oats. Joe is so sweet and loving and graciously puts up with all the PJ has to offer. This is Joel and me getting ready for a ride.

We attended our very last Rockies game on Tuesday. We left just Dallas just as the Rangers started making a comeback, and we arrived in Denver just as the Rockies made a World Series appearance. We love both teams, and attending games has been one of our favorite things to do here. We are excited about going to Fenway, though I don’t think we’ll ever love the Red Sox like we do the Rockies and Rangers.



I hope to do a much better job of posting after the move, especially once we get moved in!

No comments:

Post a Comment