Friday, October 14, 2011

Boston Life

Life in Boston is starting to feel more like our own. It was a difficult transition this summer, but we are both settling in and loving our new town. Our JP flat has become a cozy little home! I am working at Excel Academy in East Boston, and I absolutely love it. In addition to teaching, I'm also co-coaching the Model U.N. team. We took our team of 20 students to NYC a few weeks ago. The kids are awesome and the staff is incredibly hard working, supportive, and talented. Joel is doing an amazing job at Children's and beginning to look at some possible research positions. Our church has been the greatest support for us, and we are so glad to be with a great group folks just around our age. What a blessing!

Here are a few pics of our New England adventures.

Linda helped us move in to our new place. While we waited for the movers to arrive, we took a day trip up to Maine. It was strawberry season and we ate a wonderful lunch over looking the ocean.

Our new favorite treat is a lobster roll. Yum!!

Mom came up to help get things settled and we took a short trip out to a strawberry farm where we could pick our own berries.

Rounding out the summer, mom and dad came. We took a great tour of Boston and visited the U.S.S. Constitution, Ol' Ironsides.

Joel and I did a 6 mile hike in New Hampshire in July. We came across this guy.

Last weekend we drove up to the White Mountains in NH and stayed at a bed and breakfast. It was beautiful seeing all of the fall colors. The reds and oranges are amazing! It was great to get our hiking gear out again!






Going to NYC was a great treat for me since I had never been before, but it made it all the more daunting considering I was responsible for a group of kids. We all did great and had a safe trip.



At the UN building, we met a few delegates from Yemen. Unfortunately, we could not enter because the delegates were still in session.  

2 comments:

  1. yay for a new update! Love the pictures- looks like you have done some fun things already!! The kids and I went strawberry picking this summer and it was sooo much fun. I wanted to go apple picking here but we are already at the end of the season. Definitely next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the news! So wonderful to keep up with you, would love to hear more about your job!

    ReplyDelete