Monday, May 4, 2009

Random Happenings

After our first day of working in Alaska, we walked down to Gastineau Channel for dinner. Below is a the view from Juneau across the water to Douglas Island. Even though the forecast widget indicates rain, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon!

A Conversation of Note (at dinner while watching the Rangers and Mariners)
J: I've always thought Mike Young is a pretty good looking guy.
L: (raises eyebrows)
J: I mean, if I was a girl.
L: (questioning look)
L: That's definitely our quote of the day. Can I post that?
J: Sure. I stand by that. Mike Young is good looking. And I think that's because I think he looks like me.

Ordered seafood cannelloni for dinner. Everything was great until I found a six legged critter in the midst of the meal. Things got a bit worse when I realize it (and its friends) were supposed to be there...battered, fried, and baked right in. Not sure what it was, but it looked like an unnatural cross between a mini-octopus and a gangly spider.

Saw a lady in slouch socks today. Does anyone remember slouch socks? I think I was wearing them just about the time I was learning to crimp my hair. Would probably move here just to relive that era! :)

We are having a blast...hope you are well! Happy Monday to all!


4 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of you guys! sorry about your dinner creature- blech! I'm glad to see the yellow fleece is still holding up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Joel and the yellow fleece will never part ways. In fact, we have several new additions, but yellow will always be our favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to Google an image of Mike Young, but Joel is right--Young is attractive! Not sure I see the resemblance, though. ;) Am I really teasing a man I've only met (briefly) once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but if you recall the circumstances of the meeting, the ribbing is certainly justified...and appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete